BBC: Internet Explorer Security Alert
Users of the world’s most common web browser have been advised to switch to another browser until a serious security flaw has been fixed.
The flaw in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people’s computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.
So, apart from being a crap browser at actually rendering web pages according to the standards, it also opens up your computer to a “serious security flaw” (as if we didn’t know that already).
Here’s my recommendation for curing this ailment. Permanently:
- Get Firefox for your Windows computer right now!
- Get Thunderbird for your Windows computer today and get away from Outlook/Outlook Express.
- Get OpenOffice.org for your Windows computer and marvel at the free office application suite and ponder why you have been paying so much for M$’s bloatware in the past.
- Then, once happy with the above, Get Ubuntu (which has all of these wonderful applications and much more)and then get rid of that malware masquerading as an operating system called Windows.
- Enjoy trouble-free Free computing for evermore.
Thanks to oly on the #ubuntu-uk irc channel for pointing this story out.